DIT Recruitment: Head of Infrastructure Singapore and Southeast Asia Regional Lead
Deadline for application:
Fri, 1 Jun. 2018
To lead the UK Department for International Trade (DIT)’s Southeast Asia Infrastructure High Value Campaign (HVC) through directly managing a team in Singapore and supporting colleagues across the wider region.
The Infrastructure HVC is designed to help UK companies win business across Airport, Bus, Port, Railway, Road, Water and Waste Treatment projects. This role is split, with a 75% focus on opportunities in Singapore and 25% focus on leading and coordinating the activity of colleagues in Infrastructure HVC teams in other markets within the region (at present, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam). The role is also expected to actively engage with and support the development and implementation of related HVCs (such as the Technology HVC in Singapore or the regional Marine Engineering HVC lead by Indonesia).
To be successful in the role you will build both expertise of the sector in Singapore and across Southeast Asia, and deep knowledge of the supply chain in the UK. You will effectively lead and line manage a team in Singapore and have positive working relationships with DIT teams across the region. You will establish strong networks with companies and buyers, whilst harnessing the expertise of DIT’s UK-based Infrastructure Business Specialists and Sector Team.
DIT supports UK-based businesses to export globally and encourages overseas investment in the UK. In Singapore, they focus on the infrastructure, technology and healthcare sectors, as well as supporting high-quality investment into the UK. There are 14 people within the DIT team in Singapore and they are located within the British High Commission (BHC). The DIT Regional Director and team for Southeast Asia are also based in the BHC in Singapore, and will soon be joined by Her Majesty’s Trade Commissioner for Asia-Pacific. They work closely with the other UK Government departments to support business and the UK Government’s wider objectives.
- Demonstrable relevant and appropriate experience, knowledge and/or qualifications in infrastructure and related areas including a proven record of engaging customers, stakeholders and partners
- A successful track record with significant experience in international trade and investment or business development (including market research, analysing market data and business support)
- Experience of managing teams, as well as strong teamwork and collaboration skills, including confidence in suggesting new ideas and challenging senior stakeholders
- Excellent communication and influencing skills and the ability to work collaboratively with business contacts and colleagues in Singapore, other SE Asian countries and the UK
- A proactive, can-do approach, combined with high standards for delivery and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently at pace, and to prioritise, managing an often heavy workload
- Good judgement and political awareness
- Excellent organisational, IT, and administrative skills
All applications must be received before 01 June 2018 at 23:55 Singapore Time.
For more information and details on how to apply, please click the link below.