Deadline for application:
Fri, 18 Aug. 2017
A leading supermarket chain is looking for UK cheese
It is interested in:
– traditional, non-processed British cheeses, hard and soft (but not blue cheese) in retail packs and festive packs
The festive packs should include:
– traditional and artisanal British cheeses
– hard cheese
– soft cheese such as Cheddar or fruit cheeses but not blue cheese.
It can comprise 3 to 5 small portions of 50gm each and should be attractively packaged and presented.
You should also be able to supply:
– cream cheese spreads
– baked cheese snacks
The cheese should be:
– ISO and HACCP certified
– in retail packs
– have the country of origin clearly stated
The cheese will be prioritised if it has BRC certification.
British products are seen as being of a high quality and standard. UK branding helps to stand out on the shelves.
A cold supply chain is required for temperature sensitive products. Singapore has a warm and humid climate throughout the year.
Interested suppliers should respond with product information, brochures and prices.
Initial orders will be small to test the market, but the supermarket chain will be able to fulfill Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) as the products gain traction in Singapore.
– has more than 130 outlets
– is open to co-branding with UK companies
– wants to explore British cheese for its in-house private label
Apply for more information from the Department for International Trade team in Singapore.
All applications will be reviewed and you will be notified of the outcome. You can only apply if you are a UK supplier.