A Packed Schedule for BiSEA
DO YOU HAVE A SUCCESS STORY?
We’d like to hear from you.
BiSEA worked in very close partnership with UKABC and UK chambers of commerce, trade associations and DIT teams to organise this comprehensive programme of 1-2-1 sessions with Executive Directors of British Chambers of Commerce in the ASEAN region and Business Groups.
They bring with them more than 100 years of knowledge and expertise. On the roadshow, the BiSEA team sought to engage with experienced exporters or representatives of ‘export ready’ companies that devoted some time and commitment to securing opportunities in growing ASEAN markets and learn more about bespoke business support services in order to facilitate commercial growth in Southeast Asia.
Which of BiSEA’s ASEAN Experts were exporters able to meet?
- CAMBODIA – Nipoan Chheng, Executive Director, British Chamber of Commerce Cambodia
- INDONESIA – Chris Wren, Executive Director, British Chamber of Commerce Indonesia
- MALAYSIA – Jennifer Lopez, Executive Director, British Malaysian Chamber of Commerce
- MYANMAR – Chloe Taylor, Executive Director, British Chamber of Commerce Myanmar
- PHILIPPINES – Chris Nelson, Executive Chairman, British Chamber of Commerce Philippines
- SINGAPORE – Olivia Widen, Executive Director, British Chamber of Commerce Singapore
- THAILAND – Greg Watkins, Executive Director, British Chamber of Commerce Thailand
- VIETNAM – Peter Rimmer, Executive Director, British Business Group Vietnam
The stops along the route of the roadshow included towns and cities up and down the UK including two days in London, and one stop in Manchester, Sheffield, Leeds and York, all with fully packed schedules of 30-minute 1-2-1 meeting slots where exporters were keen to meet with one (or more) of the above experts.
In doing so, exporters were able to get to grips with the particulars of the step-by-step exporting process, setting up commercial operations abroad, learn how to market their products and services effectively in overseas ASEAN markets, and ultimately fill the niche(s) that their companies are there to fill in ASEAN markets with surging demand for British productive ingenuity.
ASEAN is located at the heart of the Asia Pacific region which is home to more people than the rest of the world, in the ASEAN alone there are almost 650 million people with an average age of 26 and a growing middle class with disposable incomes looking to buy British quality products. If you’re a British exporter looking for new markets there are endless opportunities in the ASEAN.
If you missed the Sizzling Southeast Asia Roadshow or Britain in Southeast Asia events it’s not too late, just contact UK-ASEAN Business Council and we will be delighted to provide advice and guidance to help you export your products or services to Southeast Asia.