REGISTER FOR REGULAR UPDATES
DATE AND TIME
Wed, 18 Nov. 2020, 09:00
Wed, 18 Nov. 2020, 11:00
Hear from industry experts on the market opportunities in Southeast Asia
Southeast Asia is a vibrant export destination full of exciting growth opportunities for ambitious UK SMEs. Comprising of ten thriving countries, the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) is one of the largest single market economies in the world, offering ample opportunities for UK businesses to grow and meet their export potential.
Partnered with the Department for International Trade and Newable, this webinar will provide SMEs, who are part of the consumer and technology sector, an overview of the export and growth opportunities in ASEAN. The relative youth of the Southeast Asian population coupled with the rapidly growing middle class provides a growing consumer demand for a wide range of UK products and services.
With guidance and support from people who have successfully established operations in Southeast Asia, this webinar will help you understand how your business can benefit from the opportunities on offer in this thriving economy. The carefully selected group of industry experts will also discuss the practical tools and strategies necessary for your business to increase sales, expand and gain stability in this rapidly growing economy.
If you are looking to explore exciting new opportunities in the Southeast Asian technology and consumer market, then register now for this free webinar.
What will you learn?
This event will provide an overview of the Southeast Asian market. You will explore:
- Market opportunities for UK SMEs within the Consumer and Technology sector
- Southeast Asia business culture and how to successfully develop business relationships
- Various challenges and hurdles of doing business in Southeast Asia and how to overcome them
- Practical tips and tricks for doing business in Southeast Asia
- Advice from industry experts and businesses who have successfully entered the market
Ian Gibbons, MBE
CEO UK-ASEAN Business Council
- Ian was appointed CEO of the UK-ASEAN Business Council in September 2020.
- Prior to taking up this position, Ian had held a variety of roles across government including British Consul General in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Deputy Consul General and Director of UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) in Dubai, Deputy Director of UKTI India, Senior Private Secretary to the Department of Trade & Industry (DTI) Secretaries of State (Alistair Darling, Alan Johnson and Patricia Hewitt) and Director of Business Development with the MWW Group in New York working in public relations.
- Prior to this Ian spent 4.5 years in New York as head of Invest UK’s Regional Inward Investment Team (the British Government’s agency responsible for attracting inward investment from the United States to the UK).
HM Consul General, Country Director Vietnam & Deputy Regional Director, SE Asia, British Consulate-General
- Emily was the Trade Director for Vietnam in September 2020, she was also Regional Director for the UK’s Science and Innovation Network in Europe, Turkey and Russia and Science Counsellor at the British Embassy in Paris.
- Prior to this posting in France, she undertook a range of roles at the Department for Business, including leading the Secretary of State’s private office.
- Emily is a trained management accountant and studied Philosophy, Politics and Economics at Oxford University before joining the Civil Service.
Executive Director, British Chamber of Commerce, Singapore
- David is responsible for the strategy, growth and profile of the Chamber to support businesses and connect opportunities with the UK and across ASEAN.
- A Chartered Marketer, David joined the British Chamber of Commerce (Singapore) in 2019. David has lived in Singapore since 2015.
- Born in Manchester, UK, David is passionate about mentoring and supporting others and is a mentor at Ngee Ann Polytechnic (Singapore) for Business and Marketing students and a committee member on the Singapore Institute of Technology’s Marine Programmes’ Industry Advisory Committee (IAC).
SVP Global Sales, Signal AI
- Charlie is Senior Vice President for Global Sales at Signal AI, one of the world’s fastest-growing applied AI companies.
- Signal AI seek to transform decision making through augmented intelligence – software-driven solutions that empower its customers to make better informed and more effective decisions every day. Signal AI believe that leaders should demand the same clarity and knowledge about the world beyond their organization as they have within it.
- Charlie has over 20 years’ experience in B2B SaaS media intelligence solutions. His international track record in new market development, which includes the successful “Go to Market” strategies and international teams he has built in Asia, Europe, and North America over the past five years.
Export Manager, Christie International
- Phil Walker’s background includes 20 years of global export and channel sales and service with a wide range of FMCG products.
- He leads on export sales at Christie International – which includes his remit for Southeast Asia.
- Christie International partners with UK brands to build and operate their distribution networks overseas. In this function, they effectively become the brand owner’s Export Department – in which Phil’s team take care of transportation, labelling, shipping, documentation, registrations, distributor management and credit control.
Vice-Chair, BritCham Vietnam and General Manager ECCO
- Alex is responsible for the production operations of the Danish brand in Vietnam
- Alex joined ECCO in 2016 following an 8-year stint as a founder of a sustainable fashion garment manufacturer in Northern Vietnam.
- Alex has a broad range of experience at Managing Director level in the fashion and footwear sector along with turn-key project completion, supply chain management and stakeholder communication.
- Alex has a pan-European/Asian background having been born and raised in Switzerland and lived in the UK, Spain and for the past 10 years in Vietnam.
Country Director, DIT Thailand
- Richard Porter is Country Director to the Department for International Trade (DIT) at the British Embassy in Bangkok, where he has served since 2017.
- Prior to that, he worked at the British Consulate in Sao Paulo helping British healthcare companies to export across the Latin America region.
- Richard previously spent ten years with boutique management consultancy firm PA Consulting and started off his career as a paramedic with the London Ambulance Service.
Who is this suitable event for?
Businesses are encouraged to apply for this virtual event if they are:
- Focused around the Consumer and Technology sector
- Based in the London and South East of England
- Have future growth plans and would like to expand in the Southeast Asian market
To secure your place for this free virtual event, click the Register button below. We highly recommend applying quickly to secure your spot.
Have a question about the virtual event? Email the Newable team at email@example.com