REGISTER FOR REGULAR UPDATES
DATE AND TIME
Wed, 20 Oct. 2021, 09:00
Wed, 20 Oct. 2021, 10:30
DIT and UKABC are convening this hybrid business roundtable to present the ongoing negotiations between the UK and Singapore on a DEA and to sound out business interests in the agreement.
This roundtable is for UKABC partners and invited guests only. For more information on how to become a partner, please email email@example.com
The digital economic agreement aspires to deliver a model for international digital trade rules and cooperation, building upon the UK and Singapore’s shared agenda in the WTO and our FTA.
Negotiations will focus on:
- Secure open digital markets for exporters, allowing them to expand into new markets and sell traditional products in new ways.
- Ensure free and trusted cross-border data flows, while upholding high standards of personal data protection.
- Cut red tape for UK businesses by promoting digital trading systems such as digital customs and border procedures that will save time and money when exporting.
- Uphold consumer rights and protecting businesses’ valuable intellectual property like source code and cryptography.
- Deepen our cooperation on future growth sectors like fintech, lawtech, while working with Singapore to strengthen our collective cybersecurity capabilities and keep our countries safe.
With four rounds of negotiations complete between the UK and Singapore, we are keen to hear your views on the DEA, trade and investment in Singapore and the ASEAN region, and the UK’s digital trade priorities.
Graham Floater, Chief Negotiator at DIT and Natalie Black, HM Trade Commissioner to APAC will provide an overview of the DEA and update on progress.