REGISTER FOR REGULAR UPDATES
DATE AND TIME
Wed, 11 Mar. 2020, 08:30
Wed, 11 Mar. 2020, 10:30
Economic Update on Indonesia with DIT’s Country Director
Joel Derbyshire has been the Director of Trade and Investment at the British Embassy Jakarta for nearly four years. Joel will discuss the ‘new’ Indonesian cabinet, including the decision by the President to appoint the 35-year-old founder of an £8 billion start-up as Indonesia’s Education Minister. Also, is the capital really moving out of Jakarta this time? And of course, discuss the UK’s current trade and investment priorities in a market which represents nearly 40% of the ASEAN economy.
The UK’s total trade with Indonesia was worth £2.7 billion last year with UK-ASEAN trade valued at £38 billion; there are significant opportunities for growth in trade with Indonesia.
08.30 – 08.45: Registration, coffee and croissants
08.45 – 10.00: Roundtable discussion moderated by Ross Hunter, Executive Director, UK-ASEAN Business Council
10.00 – 10.30: Closing remarks followed by networking
- Readout of UKABC’s Roundtable on UK-Indonesia Joint Trade Review
- UK-Indonesia announces a Joint Trade Review.
- DIT’s Indonesia Sector Guides (Airport, Education, Railway)
- Oxford Business Group’s Indonesia Report 2019
- Indonesia Economic Outlook by World Bank
- ‘Indonesia seeks greater ‘economic complexity’ through omnibus bills’ by Nikkei Asian Review
This event is for UKABC partners and invited guests.