REGISTER FOR REGULAR UPDATES
About this event
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is delighted to be organising its first-ever UK-Southeast Asia Tech Week. Running from Monday, 13 March to Friday, 17 March 2023, DIT will take a delegation of cutting-edge UK technology companies offering solutions in the sectors of Technologies for Net Zero and Internet of Things to Indonesia (Jakarta) and Thailand (Bangkok) for a series of commercially focused engagements with influential business and government representatives from across the region.
Proposed activities include:
- Targeted one-to-one business matching sessions with potential business partners and customers
- Reverse pitching sessions with regional conglomerates
- Workshops and roundtables on the ASEAN tech landscape and local market requirements
- On-site visits to relevant local organisations and companies
- Networking events with key business leaders and influential government officials
Why Southeast Asia?
The UK and Southeast Asia are home to two of the world’s most dynamic and innovative digital ecosystems. With an internet economy projected to exceed US$360 billion by 2025 and driven by more than 440m tech-savvy citizens, Southeast Asia’s rapidly growing market offers ample opportunities to foster new business partnerships between cutting-edge companies from across the region and the UK.
To make the most of these opportunities, DIT is looking for 15 best-in-class, export-ready UK technology companies with solutions in the following sectors to join its trade delegation to UK-Southeast Asia Tech Week:
- Internet of Things (including Sensors, Industry 4.0, and Analytics)
- Technologies for Net Zero (including emissions measurement/reporting, supply chain transparency, data and ESG risk evaluation, energy use and optimisation, clean energy and EV infrastructure etc.)
Who this event is suitable for
This event is suitable for UK technology companies with an interest in exporting goods and services to customers and markets in Southeast Asia.
There are no financial subsidies available to participating companies. Successful companies will be expected to fund their own flights, local travel, accommodation, and living costs for the week.
Please click on the button below to apply. The deadline for submitting applications is 4 January 2023 (23:59 GMT).