REGISTER FOR REGULAR UPDATES
DATE AND TIME
Thu, 13 Dec. 2018, 15:00
Thu, 13 Dec. 2018, 17:00
We will be hosting a UK-ASEAN Trade Policy Roundtable to hear from DIT’s Trade Policy Group on their plans for the region and to provide them with input and views from UK business. DIT would like to gain a better understanding of UK plc’s geographical priorities within ASEAN and the trade policy concerns that companies are facing.
The UK relationship with ASEAN is growing from strength to strength. The Foreign Secretary has announced a new British Mission to ASEAN. The Prime Minister has stated she will visit Asia Pacific next spring, which could include an ASEAN Member State.
FCO Minister for Asia Pacific – Mark Field spoke at the UK-ASEAN Dialogue in Singapore, whilst DIT Minister George Hollingberry was also in Singapore during the ASEAN Summit for meetings with his counterparts and to speak at the ASEAN Business and Investment Summit.
The EU-Singapore and EU-Vietnam FTAs are finalised and awaiting signatures and conclusion, it is hoped these agreements can be ‘grandfathered’ to roll over into UK-Singapore/Vietnam FTAs.
This event is for UK-ASEAN Business Council partners and invited guests only.
- Why markets such as ASEAN are the future of UK trade, Op-ed by DIT Minister George Hollingberry MP, 21st November.
- Strengthening UK-ASEAN Relations Post-Brexit, Interview in The Diplomat, 14 November.
- The Future of ASEAN, Time to Act by PwC, May 2018
- EU-Vietnam Trade Agreement and Investment Protection Agreement (European Commission)
- EU-Singapore Free Trade Agreement and an Investment Protection Agreement (European Commission)
If you would like to express an interest in attending this roundtable event, please get in touch with Allen Lai, Director – Partnerships and Programmes on email@example.com