REGISTER FOR REGULAR UPDATES
DATE AND TIME
Sun, 27 Jan. 2019, 11:00
Sun, 3 Feb. 2019, 20:30
The Department for International Trade in Myanmar (Burma) are organising a food, drink and retail event that will run for one week commencing on 27th January 2019. This week will be an action-packed programme and an excellent opportunity to showcase the ‘Best of British’, food and beverages from fantastic producers throughout the UK.
The advantages of participating in this event
- The Department for International Trade (DIT) will introduce exhibiting companies to local distributors
- Exhibiting companies will be able to share an exhibition booth with DIT for three days at Myanmar Plaza
- Exhibitors gain free entry to workshops, 1-2-1 business matching, a networking reception and whisky tasting event
- DIT is planning to also invite the Yangon regional government, senior officials and business leaders to the opening ceremony, British night, whisky tasting session and other segments of the programme for the week
What does DIT offer throughout the week apart from what is in the programme?
DIT will support this trade mission with flight arrangements, connections and accommodation for exhibiting companies. They can provide contacts of local travel agents and suitable hotels (depending on a particular company’s budget) with an embassy contract rate. Finally, DIT is planning on inviting one of the most popular and revered celebrity chefs in the UK along to this campaign to speak on behalf of the opportunities that await UK food and beverage producers in Myanmar.
The programme for the week will include the following:
- Food and UK products displayed to potential clients in Yangon’s top shopping mall
- Live cooking displays
- Business matching workshops
- Retail access workshops with key Myanmar government departments
- A ‘British pub’ night & ‘whisky tasting’ session, and in partnership with the Pan Pacific Hotel, a themed ‘British menu’ promotion throughout the campaign week
- Excellent media exposure for British products
For more information on this event and to inquire about how to attend, please contact:
Ms Nwe Nwe Oo
Trade and Investment Manager
Telephone: +95 (1)370863-5
To view the invitation flyer from the Department for International Trade, click the link below.