REGISTER FOR REGULAR UPDATES
DATE AND TIME
Wed, 3 Apr. 2019, 16:30
Wed, 3 Apr. 2019, 20:00
The Law Society of England and Wales is launching its Doing Legal Business guide for the Philippines. Join them for a free panel discussion and drinks reception on Wednesday 3 April from 4.30pm to 8pm.
The Philippines is the third largest English-speaking country in the world and one of the fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia. The so-called ‘tiger cub’ economy has been predicted by HSBC to become the world’s 16th largest by 2050. Strong internal consumption has driven GDP growth rates above 6.1 percent in every year since 2012.
In addition, as a member of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), the Philippines is part of the world’s sixth biggest regional economy and the world’s third-largest regional market. It is seen by many as a landing point for doing business across Southeast Asia.
Join for the launch of The Law Society’s Doing Legal Business in the Philippines Guide. Their panel of experts will share their experience of working in the region and discuss the legal business opportunities and challenges in the Philippines, including:
- An overview of the economy, political and legal system
- Legal and regulatory framework: recent trends and practical aspects
- Current business opportunities – what are the growing business areas?
Panel members and moderator
- Mr Jude Ocampo, Partner, Ocampo & Suralvo Law
- Ms Marisol Caneja, Senior Lawyer, Marisol Caneja & Associates
- Ms Michelle Fatima S. Sanchez, Commercial Counsellor and Director, Philippine Trade and Investment Centre – London, Embassy of the Philippines
- Moderator: Mr Perry Pe, President, Inter-Pacific Bar Association
Their series of Doing Legal Business reports provides an overview and guide to doing legal business in key international markets. Topics covered in their Philippines guide are:
- The legal system and courts
- Information about the legal services market and representation
- How the legal profession in each jurisdiction is regulated
- What practice rights and requalification options are available.
It also contains useful links and contacts for your questions on practising in the Philippines.
To register your attendance for this free event, please click the link below.