REGISTER FOR REGULAR UPDATES
UK railway suppliers are invited to join a trade mission to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in October 2016 to learn about regional rail projects and meet key stakeholders.
The Mission will take place in Singapore on 24 and 25 October, flying early evening to Kuala Lumpur for a programme on 26 and 27 October.
In Singapore, the government’s ongoing development is to double its metro (MRT) system network by 2030, in total spending around £30bn on infrastructure projects. After the projects announced are delivered, Singapore will have four new railway lines and extensions to two others.
Other areas of opportunity include a High Speed Rail line between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur by 2026, a Rapid Transit Link between Singapore and Malaysia and an on-going renewals programme on older Singaporean lines.
Subject to final confirmation, the mission in Singapore will include:
- Group Meeting, including updates on MRT and HSR projects and procurement processes, and themed break-out sessions with the Land Transport Authority (LTA)
- Lunch: networking lunch with LTA senior management and project officials
- LTA-facilitated visit to an MRT station construction site;
- Meetings with the two rail operators, SMRT and SBST, to hear about upcoming projects and procurement
- Lunch: networking lunch with SBST or SMRT
- Networking Reception at the British High Commission, including local and international companies operating in Singapore.