REGISTER FOR REGULAR UPDATES
DATE AND TIME
Thu, 10 Nov. 2016, 08:00
Thu, 10 Nov. 2016, 17:00
The Economist’s ‘Invest in emerging Asia’ series
The Philippines Summit 2016 will bring together leading voices from government, business and finance, civil society and academia for a forthright discussion about the opportunities and challenges facing the country.
Topics to be discussed
- Could weaker global demand lead to stuttering prospects for the Philippines? Or can strong domestic consumption and cheaper oil continue to prop up the economy?
- What will the key growth areas be in 2017?
- What will it take to put the country at the head of the tech-focused manufacturing revolution? And what will this mean for the country’s workforce?
- How can the Philippines play a global leadership role on climate change?
- What needs to happen to hasten the Philippines’ industrial diversification?
- What are the greatest risks the Philippines might face in the South China Sea?
- How can the Philippines foster improvements in communications infrastructure to help its tech sector prosper?