REGISTER FOR REGULAR UPDATES
DATE AND TIME
Tue, 25 Sep. 2018, 09:00
Tue, 25 Sep. 2018, 13:00
The World Bank predicts the Philippine economy will continue to grow at an annual rate of 6.7 percent in both 2018 and 2019 making it one the strongest performers among major developing economies.
The World Bank puts this performance down to increasing urbanisation, a growing middle-income class, and a large and young population. The Philippines’ economic dynamism is rooted in strong consumer demand supported by improving real incomes and robust remittances. Business activities are buoyant with notable performance in the services sector including the Business process outsourcing, real estate, and finance and insurance industries.
The economy is currently growing at its potential but it’s investment growth hinges on the government’s ability to effectively and timely implement its ambitious public investment programme.
This briefing is a chance to hear an in-depth update on the Philippine macroeconomic and infrastructure development agendas and the ‘Build! Build! Build!’ programme from key figures of the Philippine cabinet listed below:
- Finance Secretary Carlos G. Dominguez III
- Socioeconomic Secretary Ernesto M. Pernia
- Budget Secretary Benjamin E. Diokno
- Trade Secretary Ramon M. Lopez
- Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas Governor Nestor A. Espenilla, Jr.
- Transportation Secretary Arthur P. Tugade
- Public Works and Highways Secretary Mark A. Villar
- Energy Secretary Alfonso G. Cusi
- Bases Conversion and Development Authority President & CEO Vivencio B. Dizon
The presentations will cover:
- Philippine Macroeconomic Developments
- Philippine Infrastructure Development Agenda
To express an interest in participation please email firstname.lastname@example.org.