REGISTER FOR REGULAR UPDATES
DATE AND TIME
Tue, 8 Sep. 2020, 00:00
Tue, 8 Sep. 2020, 23:59
The development of renewable energy in Indonesia has stalled in recent years, especially wind and solar photovoltaic power. By the end of 2018, cumulative installed solar and wind capacity in Indonesia just reached 136MW, which is at a relatively low level compared with other Southeast Asian countries.
It is a recognized fact that 2019 was the year of Vietnam’s renewable energy explosion, with a new solar installed capacity of about 5GW. Besides, Thailand also has installed 3788MW of wind and solar power by the end of 2018. The Philippines, which is similar to Indonesia, has deployed 1313MW of total capacity for wind and solar energy. The stagnation of Indonesia’s renewable energy growth is due to many factors, but the government will release a series of favourable policies for renewables. Therefore, the renewable energy market in Indonesia will maybe usher in explosive development in 2020.
This event reflects a paper which mainly focuses on Indonesian solar photovoltaic power, wind energy, and small hydro-power. The paper outlines the reasons for the slow development of the renewable energy market in Indonesia in the past few years, the status of the country’s renewable energy and some deep insights into policies and future outlook on renewable energy. Last but not least, it also provides investment recommendation for the current situation of Indonesian renewables.
- Overview of Indonesia’s renewable energy situation and feed-in-tariff (FIT) updates
- Regulatory and PT PLN’s involvement in renewable energy
- Solar, wind, battery storage and micro-grid opportunities
- Opportunities and challenges for C&I and rooftop solar
- Unlocking the floating solar potential in Indonesia
- Update on the legal framework for developments and implications to renewable energy projects
- How to tap into and scale-up the huge potential of the Indonesian wind market
- Customized 1-1 meeting platform for business matching
- Cocktail reception, coffee break and daily catering