REGISTER FOR REGULAR UPDATES
DATE AND TIME
Tue, 12 Mar. 2019, 09:00
Tue, 12 Mar. 2019, 17:00
Hilton Hanoi Opera
1 Le Thanh Tong
Vietnam has emerged as an important energy producer in Southeast Asia, ranking in as one of the top nations in the region for oil and gas production and oil reserves. Recently, the country’s government is taking bold initiatives to boost renewable energy production, particularly wind and solar, to more than 10.7% by 2030, this includes a target of around 6000MW of wind power.
Vietnam has boosted numerous exploration activities, allowing for greater foreign investment and cooperation in the green energy sector. Moreover, the country’s rapid economic growth, industrialisation and export expansion have spurred domestic energy consumption.
Co-hosted by DIT, Vietnam Energy Association (VEA), British Business Group Vietnam (BBGV) and EIC, the conference will feature key industry experts sharing valuable insights into the opportunities available and challenges faced in Vietnam’s energy future towards a low-carbon environment.
- Showcasing UK energy expertise on Low Carbon, Energy Efficiency and Green Finance in Vietnam
- Enhance relationships with local stakeholders in Vietnam
- Key contacts with potential customers and partners in Vietnam
- Key Speakers Line-up: Renewable Energy Department (MOIT), Vietnam Electricity (EVN), Vietnam Energy Association (VEA), Mainstream, Dragon Capital and more
Panel Session Themes:
- Vietnam Renewables Policy and Agenda
- Lessons learnt from UK policy development / attracting foreign investment
- Green Finance for projects and support for supply chain collaboration
- Key technologies of Solar and Wind (both onshore and offshore)
Opening Ceremony by:
Vietnam Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT)
HE Mr Gareth Ward
British Ambassador to Vietnam
Welcome Evening Reception:
Tuesday 11th March 2019
Time: 18.00 – 20.00
Venue: Ambassador’s Residence, 15 Phan Chu Trinh, Hanoi, Vietnam
Attire: Smart Casual
The Energy Industries Council – Kuala Lumpur Office
Telephone: +6 03 2725 3600
Book your place from just £30 per person (complimentary for the EIC members until Friday 8th March), and sponsor the event from just £1500.
To register your attendance, more information on the provisional event programme and details of the agenda, please click the links below to view and download.